|Home >> General Public User >>Industrial Policy>> India >> Maharashtra
Industrial Policy Of Maharashtra
|The Policy objective is to achieve higher and sustainable economic growth with emphasis on balanced regional development and employment generation through greater private and public investment in industrial and infrastructure development. The Policy is valid till 31st March 2011.
- Target Industrial Sector growth rate of 10% by 2010
- Target Service Sector growth rate of 12% by 2010 and
- Additional Employment Generation of 20 lakh by 2010
The Policy objectives will be realized through the following strategies:
- Identification of Thrust Sectors
- Building up of quality infrastructure
- Promoting investments for employment generation in Districts low on human development index
- Attracting mega investments both foreign and domestic
- Commercial exploitation of local resources and local economical potential
- Strengthening the SME Sector through promotion of quality competitiveness, research and development and technology upgradation
- Nurturing Industrial clusters
- Prevention of Industrial Sickness
- Smooth exit option for industries
- Streamlining procedures, debottlenecking and creation of hassle free industry friendly environment
- Strengthening institutional support
The State will identify key thrust areas for according greater importance to sectors keeping in view their potential in contributing to the socio-economic development of the State. These sectors will be provided comprehensive support through specific policy initiatives. Following are the thrust areas, which would be offered priority status.
The State, in addition to the Industrial, Investment and Infrastructure Policy, will formulate the following policies for achieving the objectives and facilitating investment in the thrust areas mentioned above:
- Infrastructure - Power, Roads, Rail, Communication, Connectivity, Airports, Ports.
- Manufacturing - Agro - based Industries, Textiles, Auto & Auto components, Electronicproducts, Pharmaceuticals and Gems & Jewellery.
- Services - Sunrise Technology and Service Sectors including Information Technology,I.T. enabled services, Biotechnology, Nano technology, - Retail, Tourism & Entertainment
- Mumbai - Pune - Nashik - Aurangabad Quadrangle will be provided greaterinfrastructure support to develop its full potential for knowledge-based, manufacturingand agro-based industries.
- Establishment of Gas distribution networks in major industrial areas in the State to improve availability of cleaner and cost effective fuel.
Agro Processing Policy - Enthused with the success of the Grape Processing Policy 2001, it is proposed to bringout a comprehensive Agro Processing Policy with focus on food processing and preservation which besides providing adequate technical and scientific training to the farming community will aim at creating off farm jobs and bringing greater value addition for the rural population.