|Home >> General User >> Draft Agreements>>Agreement between an Owner and an Architect for Construction of a Building
Agreement between an Owner and an Architect for Construction of a Building
|This Agreement made at ......... on this ....... day of........ 2008 and .......... between S D, son of Shri W residing at .......... hereinafter called "the Employer" (and which expression, shall, unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof be deemed to mean and include his heirs, administrators, executors, legal representatives, successors and assigns) of the ONE PART and Shri........... ......... carrying on business in the partnership name and style of M/s ......... , having their place of work at .......... hereinafter called "the architects" (which expression shall unless it be repugnant to the context or meaning thereof be deemed to mean and include every partner for the time being of the said firm, the survivor or survivors of the legal representatives, administrators and assigns of the last survivor) of the Other Part. |
Whereas the employer is desirous of constructing a building for his residence at ........……….
And Whereas the employer is desirous of appointing the architects as architects for the said building (hereinafter referred to as the "said works") and Whereas the architects have accepted the said appointment on the terms and conditions hereinafter contained.
Now, therefore, it is hereby agreed by and between the parties hereto as follows:-
- The employer appoints M/s............ Architects, as architects for the said works.
- The architects shall render the following services in connection with and in regard to the said works:-
- Preparation of sketch designs (including carrying out necessary revisions till the sketch designs are finally approved by the employer), making approximate estimates to enable the employer to take a decision on the sketch designs;
- Submission of the site plans and other drawings to the municipal corporation ........... and obtaining its approval;
- Preparation of architectural working drawings, making structural calculations and preparing all structural, mechanical, sanitary, plumbing, drainage, electrical drawings, specifications, detailed estimates of cost or such other particulars as may be necessary for the preparation of bills of quantities;
- Preparation of landscapes and planting drawings;
- Preparation of six copies of the contract documents including all drawings, specifications, bill of quantities, or other particulars and such further details and drawings, as are necessary for the proper execution of the works;
- Supervision and inspection of the said works by the general contractor, sub-contractor, consultant, etc. that may be engaged from time to time by visiting the site periodically;
- To check measurements of works at site, checking contractor's bills, issuing periodical certificates for payment and passing and certifying accounts, so as to enable the employer to make payments to the contractors and making adjustment of all accounts between the contractors and the employer;